Potato skin ghosts
A healthy snack food disguised that hopefully the kids and adults will enjoy
- Washed, unpeeled uncooked potatoes
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Sour cream
- Spring onions
How to make them
- Cut each potato lengthwise into halves, Cut the rounded tip off one end of each half to obtain the shape of the gho
- Grease a baking sheet and lay the potatoes on it with the skin side down.
- Brush the top of each potato with olive oil, then season with the salt, onion powder, and garlic salt. The best way to do this is to mix it all in a bowl and divide the mixture over the potato skins
- Bake at 200 for 30 minutes or until a fork pierces the potatoes easily (larger pieces will take longer).Remove the potatoes from the oven and cool for 10 minutes,
- Then add sour cream to create a tasty white ghost. Add slices of spring onions for eyes and a mouth.
- You can substitute the onion powder for real onions either grated or finely chopped and instead of garlic salt you can rub a garlic clove over the uncooked potato